Hello and hello, Woodstock-Towne Lake! I’m here with the latest edition of the Woodstock-Towne Lake Daily to help keep you up to date with today’s local news and upcoming events. Here’s what’s happening in town…
First, today’s weather forecast:
Cloudy and sunny weather. High: 92 Low: 73.
👀 For local businesses and merchants: Attract more customers to Woodstock-Towne Lake by sponsoring this daily newsletter, which is read by the same people you are trying to reach. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top five stories from today in Woodstock-Towne Lake:
- Woodstock man wanted for public indecency has been arrested. Charges against Mark Stubblefield began earlier this month when he allegedly exposed himself while in the community of Victoria Cottage. (Georgia Sun)
- A fire broke out at a home in Cherokee County early Thursday morning, destroying the house and displacing the four-member family who lived there. As the fire spread in the middle of the night, a young hero out of the drama. A 10-year-old resident of the house heard what sounded like fireworks, but when he looked outside he could see the house engulfed in flames and woke his parents. The cause of the fire is under investigation. (SCS 46)
- An outbreak of COVID-19 has temporarily closed the Cherokee County Senior Activity Center on Univeter Road in Guangzhou. In one day, positive cases rose from one to ten at an unprecedented rate. While previous variants did not affect center operations, the new BA.5 variant appears to have caused the discontinuation. There have been more than 720 new cases of COVID-19 in Cherokee County over the past two weeks. (WSB-TV)
- Rush-hour traffic on Thursday afternoon was impacted after a crash heading north on I-575. The crash near the Sixes Road exit blocked all lanes. (SCS 46)
- Last year, 65,000 people have moved into the metropolitan area stretching from Fayette to Cherokee. Cherokee County recorded much of the growth at 2.5%, and is exceeded only by Henry County (2.7%) and Forsyth County (2.6%). (WSB-TV)
Today in Woodstock-Towne Lake:
- MadLife Stage & Studios offers three performances today on the MadLife Grill patio stage:
- Rich Gunderlock will play this afternoon. (midday)
- Jordan Denton will perform later today. (5 p.m.)
- Mother Legacy will play tonight. (8 p.m.)
- The Meatballerz food truck will serve Italian food at the Truck & Tap on Main Street Friday and Saturday. (4 p.m.)
- “Art on the Spot” will be at the Reeves House Visual Arts Center tonight and every third Friday of the month. The event features local artists creating pieces on site. The art will be drawn at the end of the evening. (6 p.m.)
- “Wicks and Sips with Woodstock Candle Company” takes place at Made Mercantile on Main Street. Food, adult beverages, music and candle making will be offered. (7 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- There are a few great pets available for adoption in the Woodstock-Towne Lake area. Head to local shelters to find your new family member. (Woodstock-Towne Lake Patch)
- Nextdoor neighbor, Towne Lake Hills South: “Tonight my 9 month old puppy (Rockweiler and German Shepherd mix) Lisa broke her collar wondering if anyone sees her can you please call me (678)767- 7325? Thanks in advance!!!” (The next door)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Hickory Apartment: “Join us – Great Georgia Pollinator Census Free citizen participation science project by the University of Georgia. – Veterans Park on Saturday August 20 or Cherokee Senior Services Friday or Saturday August 19 and 20. Children are welcome.” (The next door)
- Woodstock Police Department to Host National Night 2022 August 2, 6 to 9 p.m. Activities include a meet and greet with Woodstock public safety agencies, free food, bouncy houses and more. (Woodstock Police via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for now, you’re all caught up for today. See you soon!
— Nina Lightcap
About me: Nina Lightcap is a writer and editor with a passion for creating and perfecting business and creative content. When she’s not weaving words and thoughts, she can often be found cooling off in a pool somewhere or enjoying downtown Woodstock with her family.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Woodstock-Towne Lake Daily? Contact me at Woodstock@Patch.com