Hello everyone! It’s me, Helen Eckhard, your Daily host. Let’s start this Thursday off on the right foot, with a quick dive into the most important things happening these days in town.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Record heat. High: 99 Low: 63.
📢 I am looking for business owners and marketers in Reno who want to get noticed, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Reno Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If this is you, then I urge you to learn more and secure your place now.
Here are the top three stories from today in Reno:
- Reno’s senior community is outraged by the possibility that Teglia’s Paradise Park activity center will be leased to Tu Casa Latina. The organization supports immigrants in Northern Nevada. The City of Reno is considering various options for space it deems underutilized. Renting the space at Tu Casa Latina could increase revenue from additional health and wellness activities for Reno seniors, according to the city. (FoxReno.com)
- The National Weather Service has upgraded its excessive heat watch to a heat advisory for Reno. The temperature for the area will be between 100 and 105 over the Labor Day weekend. The advisory will go into effect Friday at 11:00 a.m. NV Energy encourages residents to save energy during the heat advisory. (Fox Reno)
- The Washoe County Republican Central Committee on Monday passed a resolution condemning Republicans who backed Democrats in the upcoming election. Committee Chairman Bruce Parks says the committee “will no longer tolerate those who would subvert the goals and ideals of the Republican Party from within.” The resolution states that Republican support for Democrats is “absolutely repugnant to Republican principles.” (Reno Gazette Journal)
Today in Reno:
- Find Your Folk Life: We Are The People, We All To the Nevada Historical Society (10:00 AM)
- First Thursday At the Nevada Museum of Art (5:00 p.m.)
- Geezyworld Tour 2022 At the Alpine (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are now aware and ready to go out this Thursday. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Helene Eckhard
About me: Helen Eckhard is a Marketing Assistant at Lightning Media Partners. She is a self-proclaimed logophile who is currently pursuing her Masters in Library Science. Outside of work, you can find Helen building crossword puzzles, knitting, or devising increasingly clever ways to kill characters in her detective stories.