NASHUA, NH – The Nashua Senior Activity Center (NSAC) has released details of several events it is sponsoring in the coming months.
The center, located at 70 Temple St., provides recreational, educational and wellness activities for people ages 50 and older in Nashua and area communities.
Upcoming events include:
- Free lunch and learning: “Normal Aging or Memory Loss,” 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. September 7; “Proactive Brain Brain Health,” 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays. October 5.
* Reserve your spot by calling 603-889-6155. Join the Bridges by Epoch experts in Nashua to discuss these topics. Complimentary chef-prepared lunch provided by Bridges by Epoch.
- Greater Nashua Mobile Awareness: COVID boosters on September 15; Flu Shot, 10-11:30 a.m. Oct. 20 in the Nashua Senior Center parking lot.
* Book your vaccine by registering at the reception of the Nashua Senior Center. Other tests and vaccines may be available without an appointment.
Prices will vary. Some customers won’t have a charge, but no one will be turned away for inability to pay.
- Retirement: Making your money last: 6 p.m. September 22. Hosted by an Edward Jones Financial Advisor, who will discuss ways to help you achieve your retirement goals.
* Free and open to the public.
- Designer Purse Bingo: 5:30 p.m. on September 26. The event offers chances to win ten designer handbags worth over $3,000. There will be door prizes and gift certificates for restaurants and stores. Plus, heavy appetizers and a cash bar.
*Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 at the door (if available).
- Love letter: 6 p.m. on September 29 and 10 a.m. on October 5. Denise Petrin of Merrill Lynch, a Bank of America company, will talk about a “love letter,” a document designed to give your family the information they will need at a time of death or incapacity.
* Free and open to the public, registration required no later than one week before the event.
- Nashua Telegraph’s Motor Mania: From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on October 1. The 13th Auto Show allows you to enter any vehicle: vintage, classic, muscle, hot rod, modified, truck or motorcycle. There will be car rewards, as well as goody bags, raffles, entertainment and food.
* To register a car or advertise in the Telegraph, contact Matt Burdette at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a vendor table, contact Judy Porter at 603-816-2649 or email@example.com
- Rivier University Wellness Clinics: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sept. 21, Oct. 19, Nov. 30 and Dec. 14. /A1c.
* Verifications are free and confidential and carried out by student nurse practitioners from Université Rivier.
- 2022 Fall Variety Show: 2 p.m. Oct. 16 at Souhegan High School in Amherst. A spectacular show highlighting seniors that will feature dances, solos, the Silver Lining Chorus and specialty numbers. This is a major fundraiser for NSAC.
*Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at the door (while supplies last), $10 for children under 10.
- Medicare Open Enrollment Information Boards In the NSAC lobby: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. October 12 (anthem); 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. October 18 (Tindon Senior Services, representing various insurance companies); 9 a.m. to noon on October 19 (Harvard Pilgrim Health Care); 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Nov. 2 (Tindon Senior Services, representing various insurance companies); 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 4 (Harvard Pilgrim Health Care); 10 a.m. to noon on November 17 (anthem).
- Human enrollment seminars: 6 p.m. on October 6 and 10 a.m. on November 17.
* Pre-registration for seminars is required one week before the date.